Rent, Electric Utility Assistance for Low-Income People in Clark County, WA

As of March 30, 2021, rent and utility assistance will be available to Clark County, Washington residents who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.

What Assistance is Available?

Up to 12 months of rental and electricity arrears, and up to three months of future rent. Electric utility arreas can be paid as far back as March 13, 2020, as long as 12 months of assistance is not exceeded.

Do I Qualify for Assistance?

You must:

  • Rent a home in Clark County, Washington.
  • Have an annualized income at or below 50% of the current area median income for Clark County.
  • Have experienced a negative financial impact due to COVID-19.
  • Be at risk of experiencing homelessness or are currently experiencing housing instability (late on rent, owing rent, or having past-due utilities).

How Do I Apply for Rent Assistance?

How Do I Apply for Utility Assistance?

Contact Clark Public Utilities at (360) 992-3000.

Can a Landlord Apply for a Tenant?

Yes - visit However, as of the date of this post, the waitlist for landlords to apply for assistance is closed.

Information in this article is credited to Clark County Today.

Scroll to Top